Hannah had an interesting moment with my mom yesterday. She was there while I was at dance. She loves to go there because my mom always has projects and fun things for them to do. They love their Grandma! They were making cookies and my mom turned to get something out of the fridge and she heard a scream. She turned and saw Hannah being pulled into the mixer. One of her ponytails was getting wrapped up in the turning part. Hannah doesn't function well in these kind of circumstances so I'm sure it was a little stressful for my poor mother. She stopped it but then had a hard time getting her hair unraveled. After thinking she might have to cut off one of the ponytails, she finally got it unstuck. Thanks mom for saving her hair. They had to start all over on the cookies because the eggs and butter were now all over in Hannah's hair. I'm just glad I didn't come and pick her up and see a brand new haircut.
The next crazy moment of the day was when Heath and I were going to bed about 11:00 and we heard Hayden crying and struggling to breath. I went and got him out of bed and he could not catch his breath. His poor lungs were working so hard. In between breaths he was saying, I can't breath. Someone help me. Then as a parent you are thinking to yourself, what do we do? Should we take him in? Where do you take him this time of the night? We tried to just stay up with him until about 1:00 but it wasn't getting any better so Heath finally took him into the ER. They gave him a breathing treatment and monitored him for a couple of hours. He has croup. We finally made it to bed about 4:00. We are all a little tired today. They say it is going around so if you hear the barking cough and are having a hard time breathing you will know what it is. Hopefully the perscription that they gave will help him so we don't have another one of those nights. It is so hard to see you kids sick and not know what to do for them.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
One of Those Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh your poor kids! Yikes! That's scary. Glad Hayden's ok and that Hannah still has all her gorgeous hair!
Wow both of those are scary situations. Hopefully Hayden gets better soon. And I am glad that Hannah didn't have to get a haircut--she does have beautiful hair.
I hope that Hayden is feeling better, poor kid!
What a rough day for your family. Glad Hannah didn't have to get her hair chopped off and I hope Hayden starts feeling better.
Sounds like you have had a crazy week i hope Hayden get well soon. it is no fun for anyone when the little ones get sick.
Poor Hayden. I hope he gets better soon. that is no fun for anyone. The story about hannah is going to be a story to tell forever. The poor girl is going to be frightened of the mixer now. Poor grandma, i'm sure she was just relieved the scissors were able to stay in the drawer.
Grandma will have to pull her hair into a bun next time. Take no chances!!! That would be awful. I have worried about my kids getting their fingers in it I never thought about hair! Cierra has had croup before and we've done breathing treatments in the middle of the night. Its not fun. I never have been able to figure why kids can't get sick in the day!
Why did those crazy situations always come in groups? And why do small emergencies always come when Urgent Cares, etc. are closed. We've had to go to the ER on Christmas Day and at 8:00 at night, minutes after the Urgent Care closed. Can't wait to get out of the sick season. Glad he's Ok.
That sounds like a crazy day! Abby has croup too. There is nothing scarier than a kid who can't breathe!
Hey Nancy and Heath, found you via Amberly...I hope you don't mind me taking a peek at your blog! Your kids are darling...and it sounds like the typical family of scary moments, funny phrases and everything else that comes with the wonderful journey of parenthood!
Carson had croup a lot when he was little. Part of it was an allergy to something around the fishing ponds...one thing the doctors told us (and told my mom when my sister got it) was to wrap them up really warm and take them outside for a few minutes or to fill your bathroom with cold steam from the shower. The cool air helps open the airways. I can't tell you how many nights we did this when Carson was a baby.
Hope he feels better soon!
Post a Comment