Monday, January 12, 2009

One of those Moments

You have to love the moment when you are quietly reading on your couch and you look up and your little boy is running towards you covered in blood all over his head and hands. It gets your heart beating a little bit. Hayden was playing with a friend and from what I have been told they ran into each other with a stool in our kitchen. It hit Hayden in just the right place and split his eye open. The next thing I knew was seeing blood everywhere and hearing Hannah (who thought it was his fault even though it was an accident) yelling at Hayden's little friend. I'm trying to get Hayden's bleeding under control and thinking I need to stop Hannah from yelling. I look down the hall and Hayden's friend is getting his boots and coat on as fast as he could trying to just get out of here. I luckily was able to tell him it was okay before he left so he didn't feel bad, poor little guy. Hannah is just a little protective of her brother, I guess. Anyway, then comes the decision of should we take him in to the doctor or not. I didn't want a scar on his face so we went to Ruth, who is a great friend and a P.A., to take a look. She was so nice and patched him up and the crisis was solved. That is the second time Hayden has come in covered in blood. I told him his quota is all filled up.

8 comments:

Tina said...

Poor guy! I hate that feeling of where do I start when you have a blood covered child. The great thing about boys is it never ends :)

Anonymous said...

My fun moment was when I heard the sound of Kamden's lip split wide open on our coffee table (that we no longer have).

Poor little Hayden, looks like it just missed his eye. What a nice big sister to look out for him.

Nancy, looks like you handle the situation well. I usually go into shock when my kids get hurt.

Wammack Family said...

Ouch! Poor guy, at least he has a great big sister to look out for him.

whit said...

The poor little guy!! Hannah is a crack up... at least you know she will be a good eye on him when they get older :)

Rachel said...

I don't know what we would do without Aunt Ruth. At least he didn't have to have stitches, that is a real trauma. Treyton is my accident prone one.

Anonymous said...

Jesse had stitches at age 5, twice within a 3 week period. Took one set out and within the week was taking him in for a second set. Let me tell you you walk into the emergency room hoping no one thinks you abuse your kids! And like Jana said, I can still remember the sound of his head smacking the corner of the chair. Ish! Looks like he'll heal up alright though. Glad he's OK!

Jill Jones said...

Oh poor Hayden! That is such a tender spot! Glad he's all fixed up now though.

Tristan said...

he is 100% boy