I was reading in the Ensign this week and it talked a lot about adoption. It made me start thinking a lot about Hannah and what a blessing she is in our lives. Just the way she came into our lives made it known to us right from the start that she was truly meant to be a part of our family. It is funny with adoption how they truly become one of your children. Sometimes I forget that I wasn't pregnant with her because I don't view her as any different than Hayden. Sometimes I will start a sentence like, "when I was pregnant with Hannah" and then remember that I wasn't. That is not to take away from her wonderful birthmother who made such a sacrifice on Hannah's behalf. Adoption truly is all about love. Hannah has been a great kid right from the start. She is very inquisitive and thoughtful about all that she does. She is very loyal to those she is close with. She is shy at first but once you get to know her she will become o
ne of your best friends. She loves to be around friends, learn new things, read books, and go to bed at night (we love that!). It is so exciting to watch your children learn and grow in this world. Each new experience is so fun to be a part of. Sometimes we all just need to stop and think of the things which truly make our lives wonderful. Being able to have Hannah in my life is just that, truly a blessing.
ne of your best friends. She loves to be around friends, learn new things, read books, and go to bed at night (we love that!). It is so exciting to watch your children learn and grow in this world. Each new experience is so fun to be a part of. Sometimes we all just need to stop and think of the things which truly make our lives wonderful. Being able to have Hannah in my life is just that, truly a blessing. 
7 comments:
I thought of you guys when I saw that article in the Ensign. Hannah is a sweet, pretty little girl and we are glad to know her!
That is interesting that you posted about this because the other day at preschool I turned at looked at her and thought she looks so much like her mom and dad and then had to remind myself that she is adopted. She definatley is part of your family!! What a fun girl.
You just gave me chills. She is such a beautiful girl. She is definetly yours, she just came in an unconventional way.
Brad and I will always know hannah as "squid"! She is such a doll and you are right, she fits right in.
Hannah is a very beautiful and sweet little girl! Thanks for the reminder to slow down and be grateful for what we have been given.
I have always wondered about that, not the process, but how completely a child just fits. Adopted or birth, babies go where they are supposed to.
I loved reading this. I am so glad I've gotten to know Hannah. My girls just LOVE her! And, accordingly to Kam she is one of his really good friends.
Post a Comment