We have entered the world of organized sports this week. Hannah and Hayden had their first two T-ball games. It was an interesting but surprisingly fun experience for me. We joined an Iona team with all of their cousins. It is a family affair! It is really nice for Grandma Jackson to only have to go to one game.
Hannah was a little nervous at first. I had to walk her up to the T the first time , but now she loves it. We are glad she is so brave to participate. If only she could remember which way 1st base was, we will be doing good. Her claim to fame was making a catch. Her mitt was on the ground and the ball landed right in it. She was surprised and I don't think it could have happened twice in a row.
Hayden just loves being able to run around and socialize. This guy could talk to anybody. He was on 2nd and I saw him talking to every kid of the other team as they stopped on the base. I asked him what he was telling them and he said, "Oh, I was telling them they were going to lose". Oh man, we need to work on a little bit of sportsmanship, but I love seeing that he is a little competitive. Then when he ran around the bases he got a number of the other team to give him high 5's as he went by. Then he got to bat last and was excited that he hit a home run. He loves it! It has been fun so far. I'm sure we will be glad it is just for the month of June.
3 comments:
Fun times! I love watching them play T-ball at this age and trying to figure it all out.
Hayden cracked me up telling them they are going to lose.
It is funny how different your two kids are. So nice for you that they can be on the same team, enjoy that while you can.
That is so fun to be on team with cousins. They look adorable. Hayden seems to have such a fun personality.
Post a Comment