Friday, July 30, 2010

Thornton Family Reunion at Granite

We had a great time last week going to one of my favorite camping spots for our Thornton Family Reunion. Granite Hot Springs is a place we went every year when I was a kid and we looked forward to it so much. It holds a lot of good memories. It was so fun to go back and great to see family that I haven't seen for awhile. My kids had a great time playing, hiking, swimming, rafting, eating, and hanging out with cousins. I had a great time watching them do it. Heath rented us a trailer so that I was in a lot more comfort being up there.

The waterfalls right by the campground.

Hanging out around the firePlaying minute to win it games.

The younger Thornton cousins with their new t-shirts they colored. Harley having a great time camping and playing with my sisters dog, Lulu.

This is natural hot springs so the water is pretty warm. They had a great time swimming.

This is a picture of our boat on one of the trips down. Hayden actually went down the whole stretch this time and had a pretty good time besides the water being too cold. Hannah went half way down and got out before the waves were big. I think she is almost brave enough to do it. They had a great time. They only lost a few people out of the boat this time.Thanks Laura for planning a great reunion. It was a great summer adventure.

1 comments:

Joy said...

I am glad that you had fun and made it. Let me know if I can do anything for you!!