Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Catch-Up

I have been a little behind on blogging lately so I thought I would do a quick catch-up of our summer. It has been a little slow due to all these darn contractions but we are managing to fit in a little fun. The kids always seem to find fun wherever they go - especially playing with all the neighborhood kids non-stop. Heath has had to learn to slow down a little this summer because of my lack of being able to go anywhere and that has been a little different for him. I am getting use to laying around all the time but will be so glad when this sweet little baby comes so I can resume normal activity. Does that happen with a new baby?

Here is a glimpse into our summer so far.
Helping at field day on one of the last days of school.
A June full of T-ball games. We had fun watching how much they learned this year. They loved playing and had a fun team full of cousins. Thanks Rachel for doing a great job coaching. Independence Day celebrations started with a neighborhood BBQ, a Thornton family BBQ, watching the parade, a BBQ with the Jackson family, and patiently waiting to watch the fireworks. We didn't go to our normal spot to watch the fireworks because I was unable to walk that far but they were great just the same. I love this time of the year and the time spent with family and the yummy food we get to eat.
Heath took the kids to Montana this weekend to watch Cody play football. I knew being in the car that long would really start my contractions so I get to stay home and rest- lucky me. It is really quiet around here without them. But July should be filled with swimming lessons, family reunions, redecorating the baby and Hannah's room, girls camp and whatever else we can manage to fit in before Heath goes back to work. I love summer but am so happy to finally be on week 30 come Monday. Happy Summer everyone!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Nancy, I bet you are going crazy. Each week that passes with that baby still inside is good though, right?? I hope that you can make it to the end of the summer. Your kids are so cute, and I can't wait to see the new little one. I hope you get to do something fun before the end of the summer.

Charity said...

I did 3 months of bed rest with my pregnancy of my 4 year old. Too many contractions too! Feels like yesterday, I got a lot of reading, crocheting, movie watching and a little journal writing, but it's funny how even though it goes so slow, it's over before you know it and I sometimes long for those days when I HAD to take it easy. Good luck gestating, it's definitely worth it!

Jill said...

Take it slow and keep that baby cooking! Had I known you were homebound I would have come to visit you this last weekend when we were up there.

Jules said...

I hope you are hanging in there okay, I can't imagine trying to take it easy. That would be hard! (Except for today, I wish I had a Dr's order to stay in bed!) I hope everything goes good! Your summer still looks really fun and your kids are adorable! We have a new blog, julesandryansfamily@blogspot.com , Julie