Do you have those moments when your mind takes a snapshot of a certain moment in time? The moment was so cute or special you just want to store it away in your mind so you don't forget what your kids looked like and acted at a certain age. I had a few of those moments this week and the funny thing was they really were just simple things. This morning Hannah was heading out the door to catch the school bus and halfway down the driveway she stopped and turned and waved with a big smile. So simple, but it was so cute and nice to be remembered and to know that everything right then was good in her life. One of those why are tears coming to my eyes moments. Hayden's was just as simple. He has been having me read his journal from when he was two to him this week. I write just a simple paragraph each Sunday about important events, things they said, or what they did. He is really into reading them right now. Anyway, some of the things that he did were kind of funny. It is so great to hear him laugh right out loud when I read those parts. You know the deep belly laugh that just makes you laugh right with him. He has such an infectious laugh. It has been so fun to read them and made all the work of the journals worth it. Moments like that make the laundry, noise, messes, and fits seem to not matter as much and make it all worth it.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Mom Moments
Posted by Nancy J at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are sweet stories. I wish I had thought to do a journal for my kids. I love the sweet moments that make all the tough stuff feel worth it!
Such a cute picture. They were so little. It looks just like them. Those journals are such a good idea. I wish I would have done something like that. Those will be precious to them. I was just telling Mitch last Sunday that I can't remember much of Hailey as a baby and nothing about Zach comes to mind. I mostly remember Garrett and Tyson (the oldest and the youngest). Is that weird? I feel like I've blocked out the middle children, and especially Zach. It must be like they say that the third child gets lost in the mix or overlooked. I was a third child. I guess I need to pull out my scrapbooks and see if it jogs my memory. Hayden does have an infectious laugh....I can hear it!
Post a Comment