Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Don't see it!

We went and saw "Where the Wild Things Are" over our vacation. Don't go see it or rent it! It was very dark and just plain weird. I wanted to leave so bad but Hayden was a little attached to the monsters so we stayed. It just leaves you feeling not good at the end. I was sad because I love the book and think they could have made it really fun, but it wasn't. So if you haven't, don't.

9 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Wow, really? I thought it would be good too. We almost went and saw it over Christmas break, but the kids chose the new Alvin & the Chipmunks instead. Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for the review. It looked so good because everything looked just like the book! But I did wonder why it didn't last very long at the Edwards. Usually a tell tale sign, though we had still planned on watching.
Thanks

Tina said...

Oh Nancy, I am soooooo sorry, I thought I had told everyone about this movie.
You leave needing prozac...or something stronger if you are already on it. It is horrid. We were so disappointed because I so love this book adn the kids do as well. The characters were great, the cast of Max was a good one, the cinematography was great...but the story line was pure depression.

Darin and Shannon said...

I am glad I haven't taken my kids to see that one. It sounds horrible. We went to see Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, and loved it! We laughed so hard! Try that one if you haven't seen it already.

Happy Spatula said...

Saw it and felt the same way. Boo.

Rachel said...

Good to know. I am laughing because we must have the same taste in blog backgrounds. The last 2 or 3 times we have had the same ones. I promise I am not copying yours. Great minds must think alike!

Anonymous said...

We hated it too!!! It was so wierd, I am not sure I knew what to feel when we left. Not at all like I thought it was going to be like.

Jill said...

Haven't seen that one but we did see Princess and the Frog and HATED that. They had lots of dark things in it like voo-doo and shadows grabbing the characters. My kids were entirely frightened. I don't understand the writers of these "children's" movies.

Unknown said...

Good to know! That must be why it didn't stay at Edwards for very long. I hate it when movies expected to be really good turn out to be a let down.