Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jackson Family Favorites

For my families Christmas exchange this year, we had to make a list of favorites in our family. Here is our list:

1. Hershy’s Cookies and Cream Candy Bars or Kisses – We all can’t get enough of these, especially Hayden
2. My new favorite cooking utensil – the Can opener. I don’t know how many times I couldn’t open a jar or spaghetti sauce thinking I would have to change my dinner plans.
3. Fleece blankets – not an original idea but we love these kind of blankets. You throw two pieces together and tie the edges. It’s quick and easy and the best to keep you warm.
4. Mr.Yoshida’s Sauce – a Sam’s Club special. We use it in a lot of different kind of marinades for meat. It adds a great taste.
5. Steaks – Heath usually buys the whole beef tenderloin from Winco and we cut it up into different steaks and freeze them. They are great steaks and it is a lot more economical to do it this way.
6. Walmart brand Cetaphil lotion – It is the best at keeping Nancy’s eczema under control on her skin. We haven’t noticed a difference with the knock-off brand and it is half the price.
7. Haagen-Dazs Dulce de leche caramel ice cream – so yummy!
8. Cocoa-Motion – this quickly mixes our hot cocoa to just the right temperature and there is enough for all of us.
9. A Sandwich cutter shaped like a dinosaur that I got at Walmart on their bread isle. It is Hayden’s favorite because it cuts off the crusts and he gets two dinosaur sandwiches out of it. We use it everyday.
10. Local Favorites – Chiz’s ranch dressing, Me-n-Stans honey butter, and Geraldine’s Orange rolls.

2 comments:

whit said...

Thanks again for giving us the Cocoa-Motion. We just used it the other night. I love it!

Darin and Shannon said...

I am going to have to try that sauce from Sam's, it sounds great. I really like your idea to get a beef tenderloin, I have done that with pork but never thought to do it with beef. Thanks for the ideas!