Monday, March 16, 2009

Smarter than me?

Here is how a recent conversation went with Hannah:

Hannah: Look mom, I can spell my name the same forwards and backwards.
Me: That's really cool. Not many names can do that. You are pretty special. I wish my name could do that (thinking of my name Nancy).
Hannah: But mom, you can - you know MOM.

I know eventually my children will be smarter than me - that's a given. But do you ever get scared your children will be smarter than you- let's say- by the time they are six?

8 comments:

JulieJ said...

That's funny! I would have done the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Kayt is always proving she is smarter than me. I can't even help her with her homework anymore.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!

Jill said...

she is a smart little cookie!

I love kid's minds and the way they think. I wish I were more out of the box like they are.

Too too cute.

Jill Jones said...

I love how kids think!
We missed you Thursday night!

stoner said...

I hope you don't mind...I blog stalked you from Julie's blog.

I love stories like this....kids are so funny.

Jenn said...

Cute story! I have already shared it with a couple people.

Tina said...

Have you met Tyler?
Or, well, any of them? I think that having smart kids is s source of both fear and pride...I'm just not sure which is more applicable.