Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Hannah!

I can't believe my oldest is five! Time goes by so quickly. We had an eventful birthday as always. We had two extended family parties over the weekend. It is always so nice to get together with them. Hannah has been planning on a friend birthday party but she wanted to make sure we didn't forget the family ones. It is nice to have the traditions with Grandma and Grandpa's and cousins. We love all of them! They were of course very good to Hannah with some nice gifts.
On her birthday she wanted to open her gifts first thing. She has been wanting a guitar for a long time. She has been so happy since she got this. She has made up quite a few little songs. It is fun to listen to her. She also got a little digital camera so she won't steal mine all the time. She loves taking pictures. Heath made her an omelet breakfast which is her favorite. Then she had to have donuts to take to preschool.
She had a unicorn party in the afternoon. It was fun. We had a unicorn pinata, pin the horn on the unicorn, unicorn craft necklaces, and unicorn cupcakes. This was my first friend party. They are a lot of work but worth it in the end. You just hope they feel loved and special at the end of the day. I realized it is a good thing I have decided to have one only every other year. We finished the night off with pizza at the restaurant which is what Hannah chose.

Hannah is such a fun girl to have around. She is very thoughtful. She is very observant and notices details about things and people. She is very smart. She knows what she wants. She is quiet in her own way - especially around others. We are so lucky to have this girl in our home. We don't know what we would do without her. Happy Birthday Hannah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday! She looks so cute in her pictures. I love that you bought her a camera. Too cute!

I have a friend party every other year too, but I decided 12 is the cut off for big friend parties. When Kayt turns 14 she can have only one or two friends over. Maybe go to the show or something. I'm just not creative enough for older kids. Ü

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! It looks like you figured out the unicorn horns and cupcakes!

Amberly said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! I can't believe she is 5!!

Jill Jones said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! Sorry Emily missed you're party. I totally forgot until 3:10 when it was over. We felt really bad. Hope you had fun!

stoner said...

What a beautiful girl! Hope she had a wonderful birthday.

The Freed Family said...

Sound like such a fun birthday. It looks like you did great for your first friend party. Such cute cupcakes....but I bet the kids got messy eating them.

Darin and Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope your day was amazing! Looks like it was. I am sorry Arika missed your party. She was a bit upset with me for forgetting.
Sorry. We will have to drop off a gift!