Heath had a conference in Sun Valley this weekend so we decided to go with him. Neither of us had been there so I wasn't sure if there was anything to do in there but we decided to give it a try anyway. We drove there in the dark so when I woke up the next day I was surprised the mountains weren't bigger and it seemed to be missing trees. The towns and the lodge we stayed in were nice though.
The hard part was finding places to eat. There didn't seem to be much to chose from in our price range. This place we chose for breakfast one day was way to pricey for my taste. Good thing Hayden is enjoying every penny of that hot chocolate. We decided to go to Albertson's after that and by breakfast for in the hotel room. We did have fun swimming, exploring, and watching a lot of movies. We actually had a really nice time. It was nice to get away and relax. The problem with that is coming back to all of the things you need to get done that you didn't while you were gone. Oh well, memories are worth it. Now I just need to figure out my dryer situation. I am tired of it being broke. We really need to decide - fix or buy new.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Sun Valley
Posted by Nancy J at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
i remember going to sun valley when I was a kid and they have a year round outdoor ice skating rink that we would go on. It was awesome. We always stayed in some cheap hotel that stunk like sulfer in Ketchum and had breakfast at some crazy old pancake house, its probably not there anymore. I don't really remember what else we did there though.
We did Journalism conferences there in high school. We didn't really leave the super nice resort, but it was still fun.
We took our kids a few years ago. Everything was so pricey! I didn't feel it was very kid friendly where we stayed.
That place is pretty expensive huh. A grilled cheese I had there was $6 bucks! Sounds like you had a fun weekend tough
We were wondering where you went. I've never been to Sun Valley either.
We used to go to Sun Valley for a PA conference every year. It is so pretty, but I agree about everything costing way too much!
I wish we could have gotten together when I was up there. Looks like you had fun in Sun Valley. I think the hardest part of vacationing is finding food that pleases everyone, including the price. I hate packing tons of food with us when we stay in hotels, but it seems to keep everyone happy.
Post a Comment