Monday, October 17, 2011

Roadshow!


Our youth truly did an amazing job at our stake roadshow this weekend. It was so fun to work with them and see it all come together. I was so lucky to have Michele Farnsworth to do the scenery, costumes and help (well mostly) write it. I couldn't have done it without her. I think everyone had a great experience with it and we all did things that we didn't think we could do before.

On a side note here are a few more things we have been doing around here:

The start of the amazing fort Hannah, Hayden and friends built on the first snow storm of the year. They had a great time out there. I didn't make it out to get a picture of the finished product but they were pretty proud of it until we had to break it apart so it would melt to mow the lawn.
Hannah started dance again. She is loving it.

My old piano needed a new bench so that Hannah could practice easier. I found a store that made them but they were unfinished and needed put together. It was a fun project to stain it. I didn't realize that staining wood isn't really that difficult to do, just time consuming. It made me want to take on the bathroom cupboards and change them to a darker color. We will see if I get brave enough for that but this was a fun project.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I bet you are so glad to be done with the roadshow, that is a lot of work, but lots of fun too. Good job on the piano bench, it looks nice!

Yvette Sorensen said...

Hey girly. I love that you guys did a roadshow. I know it's hardwork. When I first got married i did a musical in my ward with the youth. "What?" you ask. I know, on my mission we did My Turn on Earth and they changed it a bit and sang a lot and of course it was in Italian, but I ended up performing it several times there, so when i got home I somehow got roped into doing it with the youth. It was so fun, until they called Tyler and I to do the Stake Roadshow. It was a lot of hardwork, but it was so much fun. i want to talk them into doing one here, just with someone else in charge. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Love your cute family. I'm coming to Idaho for Christmas would love to see you. Missed you at Courtney's reception. I know you we're in Utah at your own Niece, I think, reception. They grow too fast. Big hugs, miss ya, Vette

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with the roadshow, and the piano bench.