Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break - California

We had a wonderful time over Spring Break. We went to Disneyland. It was just so nice to spend a lot of time together and not worry about all the responsibilities we have and just enjoy each day. I was really worried about being sick but I ended up feeling pretty good. The kids did great on the long drive and we were lucky to have Heath's mom come with us to help out. She went on all the spinny rides with the kids that I wouldn't even dare to try. It was so nice to see green grass, trees, and flowers everywhere. The weather was so nice the first few days and then turned cold the last few. That was a little disappointing because it felt so good to be in warm sun! We had a great time at the park. It was nice having our kids about the same age because they wanted to do a lot of the same things. It was a fun trip. I don't know if we would go back again for awhile. We like to try different things, but it was fun to let the kids have that experience.
M& M World in Las Vegas - we loved this store!
Seeing the sights in Vegas. We were sad the night before when we drove down the strip it was lights out for Mother Earth so the whole strip was almost completely dark. It was interesting to see it that way but not very fun for the kids to look at.
Shopping with grandma - Disney style.
Swimming with dad on one of the warm days. It was great to spend time in the sun.
Braving the freezing cold weather and going in the waves anyway. We are from Idaho right? They only lasted a little while and had to change to something warmer. We were going to go on a whale watching tour but it was cancelled because of the high winds. That was little disappointing. It is so fun to just be at the beach no matter what the weather. I love it there.

Hannah searching for shells on the beach. I wish it had been a little warmer to spend a little more time there. The nice thing about a trip is it makes you appreciate home. We were glad to get home to our little house and to Idaho where it isn't quite so crowded. Hayden was just so happy to see Harley! Now bring on the warm weather and green grass to Idaho.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

What a fun trip!! I love the pictures. I agree, bring on the warm weather!!

Jill said...

I love Cali. We think a trip to Disneyland is good every four years or so. Too bad the beach was colder. We always run in it no matter the weather too.

Anonymous said...

Fun trip! Wish it was warmer for you, but glad you had a great time.

Tristan said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I cant wait for the kids to get old enough for a family trip like that!