I'm not really an emotional person. I don't cry often. That is why I am surprised today at the tears that keep coming to my eyes. I didn't think I would be like this about sending my little girl to school. I am also really excited for her. She can't wait. I'm not sure if she is more excited about going to school or about finally wearing her school clothes. She needs the routine in her life. She needs the stimulation for her little brain and I'm ready for that. It's just one of those markers in life. It seems she just looked liked this . . .
and I blinked and she is going to school. I remember chuckling quietly at the moms who teared up when they dropped off their kindergartners when I taught . . . that was before I had children of myself.
I read in a book this week where it said, "You can't start a new journey without the old one dying first." I guess that is kind of how I feel today. Tomorrow will come and it will be new and exciting. Am I being extra emotional or is this normal? Did you feel this way too?
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Surprising Tears
Posted by Nancy J at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Congratulations on this new step!
I also teared up sending MacKayla off for her first day. I am even feeling a little of it today as I am thinking of sending her off for the whole day.
I am already getting ready for the tears when Q starts kindergarten and it isn't for a year :) Totally normal and it may coem and go over the first week...odd times when you least expect it. It's hard to grow up and be the mom!
I think I felt that way when I sent Brinton to kindergarten--the older they get for me much easier to send them out the door.
The funny thing is that I tend to tear up when the kids do something like dance recital, piano, etc. that they have worked really hard and then do a great job that is when I find the tears streaming down my face!!
I thought it would get easier for me after the first. I'm feeling pretty sad about Creighton. Well, all of the same feelings as you with them knowing they will love it, routine, etc., but he is my little buddy who keeps me sane a lot of the time. They grow up too dang fast.
I definately teared up with Savanna, and I just teared up again thinking about Mitchel going tomorrow. And I can't believe it is already time to send them, it seems like yesterday when I had the chance to watch Hannah when she was a baby, time flies!!!
I definately teared up with Savanna, and I just teared up again thinking about Mitchel going tomorrow. And I can't believe it is already time to send them, it seems like yesterday when I had the chance to watch Hannah when she was a baby, time flies!!!
She sure is a beautiful little girl!
I got teary eyed sending Kayt off to Middle School. Yes, you can roll your eyes!!
I think it is natural. We are mothers, that's what we do!
Post a Comment