I remember when I taught Kindergarten you could tell the kids anything and they would believe you because you were the teacher. Why does this principle not apply to your own children? I have learned that while they do listen to what you say, sometimes they don't believe you because they think they are right and you are wrong. For example, we were shopping on Friday and Hannah asked which store we were at now. I told her Target. She looked up at the sign and adamently said, "Mom, this is not Target!" We had a small discussion of what store she thought it was and finally she said, "I don't know what store it is but it can't be Target because it would start with a "T" and that sign starts with an "O". I looked up and saw what she was talking about and it made me laugh. She was thinking that target symbal was an O. I thought that was very smart of her and I realized maybe I'm not always as right as I think I am. Maybe I just need a little understanding in what other people see.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
O'Target!
Posted by Nancy J at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is funny. I can tell that you have spent time working with your children on their abc's and sounds. Your kids are so smart!
Ah, yes, the but 'no mom' stage. I love it. Thankfully, it never ends :)
And isn't it funny how logical the little ones are!
Hey nancy i am so glad u entered the world of blogging!!! now i can see your beautifull little kids! trae was excited to see pictures of HAnnah and hayden, keep in touch! thesewards.blogspot.com
Post a Comment