Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's a . . .

GIRL!
We thought we had a boy coming to this family but I was right with my inklings the last few months feeling like this just might be a girl. There was no doubt in the doctors mind so we will be seeing pink come September. We were also very happy that the baby looks completely healthy in the ultrasound.
The hard part was breaking it to Hayden. Hannah didn't care either way but Hayden was set on a boy. We had them open a sack with this little onesie in it. Hayden instantly broke out into tears. Then he got a little mad and said he thought he might trade it. After a few hours, he is coming to accept it and is just excited to be a big brother. We'll see how he is tomorrow. Now I can actually start thinking about names and how we are going to arrange the rooms. It finally is sinking in a little that we have a baby coming to our home.


15 comments:

Jody said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys! It will be great to have a little friend in the neighborhood for Jadey!!

Wammack Family said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful, it will be so fun for you guys.

Tristan said...

yea!! Girls are so much fun i bet Hannah is excited!

Jill said...

I love it! Hayden will surely love her when she gets here. Congrats!

Billie said...

Double Woot! Congratulations! I was wrong - not a boy.

Rachel said...

How exciting, now you'll just have to try for another one so that Hayden can have that little brother- j/k- I know that is easier said than done. Congratulations! I can't wait to see that cute little girl.

The Freed Family said...

Yeah! Congratulations...I'm so happy for you! Another girl will be fun. Poor Hayden....but he'll come around.

Tina said...

This is great news! Congratulations :)

Jill said...

How exciting for your family!

Pacie was devastated this one was a girl!! She wanted another brother. By the next morning she was fine.

Now Landon is saying, "When the baby girl grows up she'll be a boy, right?" We've had to explain that once a girl, always a girl....

Congrats and I'm glad she looks healthy!!

whit said...

congrats!! That is so exciting - Hayden cracks me up! I'm sure he will "toughen" the baby girl up and realize little sisters aren't so bad :)

Happy Spatula said...

So exciting! Hannah is going to be a great big sis, and Hayden will learn to love being the boy of the group.

Amberly said...

So exciting!!!

Julie said...

Wow! That is so exciting. I can't wait to see what she looks like. Congrats!

Darin and Shannon said...

So HAPPY for you!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

EXCITING!!