On Friday, I was wrapping a few presents (sometimes that is the best way to hide them). Hayden came in and saw one and asked who it was for. I told him this one is for Hannah and the other one was for him from me. He asked matter of factly, "Let me look at what mine is." I told him he couldn't because he had to wait for Christmas day. This made him mad and then he said, "That is not a very nice thing to do mom. Why would you do such a mean thing?" He wasn't mad anymore he just really wanted to know why I would wrap a present and not show him. It is so funny how a three year old brain works. Or maybe we have it all wrong and they really understand how things should go. I tried to distract him by pulling out the present he boughtfor his dad and wanted to get him excited by helping me wrap it. He then told me, "Why would I want to be so mean to dad and wrap his present?" It is hard to wait until Christmas when you are a three year old.
Hayden was so excited on Saturday when we finally found him a Christmas train. He has been wishing for one for a year. That is all he wants for Christmas. We have looked all over but were unable to find one. Finally, Heath took him shopping and they found one. He has been playing with it non-stop since then. I don't know how many times I have put it back on the train, but it is worth the fun he is having. We will see on Christmas day if he remembers that that was all he wanted for Christmas.

5 comments:
That's funny. When we picking things off of the Giving Tree at the ward party, my kids thought they were getting coupons for the items! Someday they will learn. For now it's sure funny.
I agree with Hayden, I want to know what all my presents are too! Who needs to wait for Christmas?
I haven't dared put anything out yet, I'm a little afraid my girls are like me and they just won't wait to find out.
I got your Christmas card in the mail. Thanks! It was really cute. Sounds like Hayden could have Christmas today! - too cute
So what are you getting him for Christmas then if he got his Christmas train early? We are changing our minds on Zach's presents over here so I could use some ideas!
Abby is on board with Hayden. She asks to open presents every day at least ten times a day. It is all so plain and simple in their little three year old minds!
Post a Comment